Monday, February 11, 2013

What is this blog for?


Why this blog exists

I made my first webpage almost 13 years ago.  It was called "Little Padded Room" (in reference to  MTV's Daria) and it was devoted mostly to anime, sci-fi and fantasy fandom.  
I have a semi-professional website that I actually pay for now, with my portfolio and business related things but something was missing.
I never ceased being a fan, a geek, a lover of pop culture, humor and fantastical escapism.  I just ceased that presence of myself on the internet.
UNTIL NOW.

Of course all of my RL friends are giant nerds as well- the very best kind.  But adulthood doesn't always give you the opportunity to gush over the nerdy things you love as often as you'd like.
Also, no fan is exactly the same and another person will not love all the things that you love with the same capacity, especially if you love many different and varied things like me (as you can see).  
(However, if you find someone that does... you should probably marry them)
(But it is very unlikely.  Guaranteed you will eventually discover something about another person's fandom that you cannot love as much or that you just don't understand.  In this case, a sense of humor in both parties is essential.  Indulging them helps too.  But my husband can only take so much.)

What else is the internet for if not for fandom?  

No comments:

Post a Comment