Wednesday, May 29, 2013

memento mori

My mortality tattoo design.  Time flies, beauty is fleeting, etc etc.  There is so much personal symbolism and meaning embedded into this design that when I look at it I get that super-hyper-anxious feeling that I need it tattooed NOW NOW NOW.

I admire the hell out of sugar skull-painted girl tattoos but was never sure if they would suit me, or if I was badass enough to rock one.  But then I realized: why the hell not?!
My only regret with my current tattoos is that I did not go bigger and better.  So I might as well start somewhere.

Wondered briefly if I would regret having Rukia tattooed on me, but my husband brought up a good point: "You will never stop loving anime".  It's true :)
And outside of a Bleach reference, people will see a tattoo of fierce, short-haired asian woman with sugar skull makeup, on a fierce, short-haired asian woman.
That's not going to change :)

Will hopefully have this on my right thigh by the end of the year.  Biggest tattoo yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment