Friday, May 24, 2013

Newest Obsession: Hetalia

left: Russia looking hella creepy
right: the adorable Axis Powers
keep in mind these are straight up pen sketches in my pocket agenda

Just when I thought that I could not possibly get into any more anime, along comes Hetalia: Axis Powers on Canadian Netflix.  Comedic genius on so many different levels.
I've listened to both the japanese voices and the english dub by now and I honestly love the english dub.  The atrocious accents just add to the borderline racist parody aspect, the voice actors did a great job in keeping up with the rapid fire dialogue and even though people apparently complain that the language is harsher and the humor is more vulgar I totally prefer it that way, even with the overuse of the word 'douche'.
But I love shows like Archer and Metalocalypse so I find it funny as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment